Thursday, November 16, 2006

The Tweleve Steps.

I really want Zelda, it is becomnig a bit of an obsession. I sift through fourms, I watch gameplay videos and I look at screenshots of bits of scenery. I'm fine with spoilers, anything, I just need more information on it. I've even watched videos of the hands of people playing zelda on the Wii. I am sad. I'll read Reviews good or bad.

But in the end I don't care. Even if Jeff Gerstman gives it a 1.0 . Even the man who gave Zelda: Ocarina of Time a perfect store. I want it. I want it! Even windwaker which was by far the most long winded game ever, it hasn't faulted my need for zelda.

Why is this? Trust (perhaps a mis guided trust). It's because I trust nintendo, they have a good track record. There arn't that many companies that have this effect on gamers (sorry Rich ;) ).

I can count the companies that i trust on one hand, but for the purposes of the internet (as you can't see my hands) lets assume I have five fingers on each hand.

Nintendo
Square-Enix
(These are ones that personally you may have others)

But this trust is misplaced, I will be the first to admit this. They do get it wrong:

Nintendo had the Virtual Boy.

Square-Enix had Bouncer.

But with all the mistakes I still purchase, I crave it. This is why I'll buy a Wii, this is why people will line up for days (weeks?!) for the PS3.

Because of track record, not because of lanuch line up; maybe innovation will bring new players to nintendo, but the current gamers buy because know what they like.

Good on nintendo for doing something different, but even if Zelda isn't the best game ever made, if the wii is just another gimic console. I'll still buy it. Because I have a problem.

The first step is admiting it after all:

"My name is Paris Arrowsmith and I have a problem: I am a nintendo fanboy"

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home