Sunday, October 15, 2006

Shewii -the curse of girlfriend gaming....

Wii. I find myself on a daily basis loving the name more and
more.

The crazy thing is I think I might have infected my
girlfriend with Nintendo fever.

So, I was playing New Super Mario Brothers (which I might add is fantastic). She looks over my shoulder and asks if she can have a go.

I didn’t see my DS for a week, I was woken up by a very frustrated woman wearing only my Nintendo DS t-shirt at 4am, “I can’t get past this thing Paris” to which I easily past the level (being in world one) half asleep. Suffice to say she was very grateful.

A month on and she has now her own white DS lite, and MY copy of super Mario bros. She is also in Bristol for 8 weeks, so can I play. No. Will I be able to play it when she gets back? No. When will I see it again? When she gets stuck. Which is fine because I love her.

Now we all want the women in our life to be interested in computer games, they
might understand you need to get ‘one more level’ or ‘get to a save’.
But, last night I woke up in cold sweats, the other side of the sword is
already drawing blood…

First it will be my copy of New super Mario Brothers, the only reason I got my
DS back is because she bought one for herself. But what happens when I get my
wii?

Here is the nightmare, my wii becomes my girlfriends wii, I get to ‘help her’ when she is stuck, I won’t have a wii anymore. It will become a shiiwii. She will by games on the virtual console and play them not leaving room for the titles I want, moving all my titles to the memory card, I’ll have to buy another wiimote because ‘she wants to accessorise hers and why should she buy a wiimote if she doesn’t own a wii?’ Death to my next generation (next evolution?) gaming experience!

Did I just, unleash a monster into the world? Is girlfriend gaming bad for mankind?

When will the suffering end?




Well at least I have a higher brain age than her…………….

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home